Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Love Finds You In Glacier Bay Alaska BY Tricia Goyer & Ocieanna Fleiss


TITLE: Love Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska
AUTHOR: Tricia Goyer & Ocieanna Fleiss
PUBLISHER: Summerside Press (release 1 Jan 2013)
ISBN: 978-1609365691


Ok, it is official, Alaska is amazing! You ever been there? I haven’t, but after reading Love Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska, I know it just has to be amazing! This is the third book that Tricia Goyer & Ocieanna Fleiss have written together! Please say there will be more…please! I’m all for a sequel to this book, but I’m also all for any work the two of you bring to us readers! Thank you!

The story is about Ginny, a rising singer, who is on the verge of getting everything she always wanted….or is she? She has a huge life changing decision to make and seeks out her former fiancĂ© for his advice. Brett lives in Glacier Bay, Alaska. When Ginny arrives Brett is not there, but she is introduced to his grandma, Ethel. Instantly Grandma Ethel takes Ginny right in and while there Ginny discovers the story of Ellie through a box of letters!  What an adventure lies ahead…

I do note there was one little teeny tiny misinformation in chapter two…The Parent Trap reference, I am certain they meant the remake of The Parent Trap and not The Parent Trap II as stated. This was easily and quickly overlooked and forgotten, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention it as many of you know how much I love both The Parent Trap movies, original and remake!

The genealogist in me loved the way this story plays out! My favorite part of this book is the use of letters, kept over time, from people so important to the history of Glacier Bay and now, it turns out, to the future of Ginny! WOW! This novel moved me; it has been a long time since I’ve given a book 5 stars! This book jumped right up there to match the level of my favorite Sisterchick books!

The setting took on a life of its own as a character in the book, the small close knit community! I have always loved the idea of a small community where everyone knows everyone! As I read this story, I could clearly see the book playing in mind as a movie, oh please let this happen! Such a moving story…stories even!

My favorite complete character is Janey and my least favorite character is Mrs. Standard! You will just have to read the entire story for yourself to find out why! Then come back, let me know what you think and who and what you especially liked and didn’t like!

This book was very well researched by the authors! They even went to Glacier Bay, Alaska. This is the third of the three books written by Tricia Goyer & Ocieanna Fleiss, but the first that I have read! I look forward to finding the time to go back and read the other two, Love Finds Youin Lonesome Prairie, Montana & Love Finds You in Victory Heights,Washington!
For more on the authors, connect with them here:

Tricia Goyer, website                                     OcieannaFleiss, website
Tricia Goyer, facebook                                   OcieannaFleiss, facebook
Tricia Goyer, twitter                                        OcieannaFleiss, twitter

QUOTES:  It was really hard to narrow down the amount of great quotes from this book, but I finally got it down to these five:

Pg 30: “Right now he needed to stay put, even though he didn’t exactly know why. But he’d learned not to ignore these feelings.”  ---1Nephi 4:6, need I say more?

Pg 226: ---Seen in the postcard above, (thank you to a fellow launch team member for putting this together) this quote is probably the most applicable one for recent events ---This was THE perfect quote to summarize 2012 for our family! We are now awaiting the ‘masterpiece’ that is still in the works for us!

Pg 262: “They’d come to hear their story. To hear about those who’d come before them and made their life here possible.” ---I’m a genealogist, what’s not to love about this quote?

Pg 289: “I don’t need the approval of others to make me happy. I’ve got Christ, and He’s enough. Well, at least that’s what I’m trying to learn.” --- Words for all of us to live by, yet so hard to remember in our society!

Pg 289: “Our plans are not as His {our dear Lord}, though. We must be prepared for a different outcome than we hope, but we can trust His ways are always the best.” ---Another great reminder that is so hard to remember and also very much applies to our family’s events in 2012, the good, the bad and the ugly!

To buy the book, go here:

Disclosure: As part of the Tricia Goyer 2013Fiction Launch Team, I did receive a free copy of this book; however I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed here are completely my own!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review! =)

    Im also on the Launch team for this book, and love it! What a wonderful story! =)

    ReplyDelete