Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's A Wonderful Life (movie) (1946)


Ok, so most of you know that It's A Wonderful Life is my absolute all-time favorite movie! 


When I first heard they were showing it at the new Viridian Center, I was so excited…then life happened and I really did forget about it…until…I happened to go in there last Tuesday afternoon and saw the sign again! YAY for good timing!

I have seen this movie so many times that everyone has lost count. My sister has refused to watch it with me for many years because without even thinking about it or realizing it, I start quoting it out loud! I did catch myself mouthing the words during this showing and a group of Young Women sitting a few rows ahead of me noticed…I could see them pointing and looking and giggling about it! Oh well, ask my sister, I never cared much…

This was the first time I was able to see this classic movie on a sort of big screen! The screen was not full theater size, but way bigger than any TV I would ever be able to watch! Ok, so I know, I should have gotten the dimensions, but it really doesn't matter to me, I was just so excited to see my favorite movie on a big screen! Also, given all the ickiness of this year, in our family, I had been feeling the extra strong need to watch this movie and what better way than with a big group of people on a big screen with free hot chocolate and popcorn?!

Yep, when you walk into the room, this is what you see:

Then, to your right is where they have free hot chocolate and popcorn throughout the evening:

A couple of the images scrolling through on the screen prior to the movie starting and while they had Christmas music playing in the background, what a nice pleasant welcoming atmosphere!

Even a shot of something to spark discussion, do you know who any of these people are? Leave answers in the comments below, more for my curiosity, than anything!

Here is the first scene of my all-time favorite actor, Jimmy Stewart:

Then just had to try capturing my favorite line ("I wish I had a million dollars, {click}, HOT DOG!") from the movie, it happens twice, once when George is a boy and once when he is a man, this is the latter: 
(I was given permission to take some pictures, so I did.) I was told they are working on other similar events for the Viridian Center in the months to come! I was grateful for this opportunity and hope they have many more, classic movies and more current movies…pleasing to all! I was also told that the week before for the showing of A Christmas Story, they had about 70 people, I think it was pretty close to 70 people again for It’s A Wonderful Life. I won’t be able to attend tonight’s showing of The Polar Express, but with the popularity of that movie, I expect they will have a great turnout….go, be one of them! Enjoy, then come back and leave your thoughts in the comments!

*I recently discovered a book by Jimmy Hawkins, who plays Tommy Bailey, you can read my review of that book here! It is called It's A Wonderful Life for kids! A short sweet read, go read it and let me know your thoughts about that in the comments to that post, k?!*

No comments:

Post a Comment